Forum on National Security: Exploring American Diplomacy, Intelligence and Defense
The Remarkable Practice of Keeping America Safe
From FBI Headquarters to the Pentagon, foreign embassies to the Capitol Building, the National Youth Leadership Forum on National Security (NYLF/NS): Exploring American Diplomacy, Intelligence and Defense provides students with a detailed and thorough introduction to the diplomatic, security and national defense issues facing America in the 21st century.
- Students face off in security simulations, taking into consideration important aspects of foreign policy, national security goals and long-term strategy. This six-day program introduces students to challenging careers in defense, intelligence, the diplomatic corps and more.
- National Security scholars bring current affairs to life through peer debates, acquire new skills for decision making, critical thinking and leadership, and gain a new appreciation of the work that goes on behind the scenes every day to keep our country safe.
- Forum on National Security students are special guests at super-sensitive sites where critical decisions are made, and speak to the people who make them.
- The government's leading academic institutions open their doors to our attending scholars, where they are introduced to diplomacy, international affairs and military strategy.
- Students participate in thought-provoking question and answer sessions with highly respected, internationally recognized civilian policy makers and senior military officers, who provide rich insights into current issues and discuss the strategies that helped them succeed.
Space in this program is limited and will be filled in the order in which students enroll, so enroll now or, for more detailed program information, visit our dedicated website at www.nylf.org/ns/ today.
February 19 - 24, 2013
February 26 - 3, 2013
March 5 - 10, 2013
"My son said he enjoyed all the interesting places he got to go to and he thought it was amazing to meet and talk to so many influential people. Such as the numerous Generals, Colonels and diplomats who they were introduced to."
Parent of NYLF on National Security
In the News
- October 29th
- September 28th
- September 22nd